The reserve collection consists of assigned readings placed on short-term loan at faculty request.
Its purpose is to make a limited number of copies available to all members of the class. The reserve
collection is located behind the circulation desk. It includes instructor's personal material, library
materials, photocopies of articles, and other items in high demand. Some items may also be available
online through the Book/Media Catalog.
Borrowing reserve materials:
- Loan Periods: Loan periods are assigned by the faculty member and include 2 hour, 3 hour,
24 hour, 3 days, and one week. If an item is marked "2 hour" it can only be used in the Library.
- Check Out Limit: Only 2 reserve items may be checked out to a patron at one time.
- Renewals: Reserve items cannot be renewed.
Placing materials on reserve:
- To place material on reserve for your course, you must fill out a reserve request form
for each item.
- Bring the item to be placed on reserve into the library with the request form.
- If you are placing an article from a journal or a chapter from a book on reserve, you must provide a complete citation for copyright purposes.
If you have questions or need assistance, please call Babs Hachey, 533-3818